The protection of your personal data is very important to AllLife Pty Ltd. We take the compliance with privacy protection laws very seriously.
CUSTOMER PRIVACY NOTICE
This Notice explains how we obtain, use and disclose your personal information, as is required by the Protection of Personal Information Act (“POPIA”).
The protection of your personal data is very important to AllLife (Pty) Limited. We take the compliance with privacy protection laws very seriously.
This Notice sets out:
- Who we are
- What information we collect
- To whom we disclose your information
- How we safeguard your information
- Your rights to access information
- Changes to this Notice
- How to contact us
- The Information Regulator’s contact details
WHO WE ARE
In this Notice, “we” refers to AllLife (Pty) Limited.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect and process your personal information mainly to provide you with access to our services and products, to help us improve our offerings to you and for certain other purposes explained below.
The type of information we collect will depend on the purpose for which it is collected and used. We will only collect information that we need for that purpose.
We collect information directly from you where you provide us with your personal details, for example when you purchase a product from us or when you submit enquiries to us or contact us.
Where possible, we will inform you what information you are required to provide to us and what information is optional.
We also collect information about you from other sources as explained below.
Website usage information is collected using “cookies” which allows us to collect standard internet visitor usage information.
This is necessary to avoid entries already made on some applications do not need to be submitted again. A cookie contains only information supplied by a server and/or entered on request by the user (e.G. Domain, path, expiry date, cookie name, and value). Personal data is not collected by cookies. A cookie cannot spy on a hard disk. If you wish, you can restrict the storage of all cookies through your web browser general or decide whether you want to allow storage or not. The rejection of cookies can result in some pages not being displayed correctly.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We will use your personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected or agreed with you, for example:
- To provide our products to you, to carry out the transaction you requested and to maintain our relationship;
- For underwriting purposes;
- To assess and process claims;
- To confirm and verify your identity or to verify that you are an authorised user for security purposes;
- For purposes of claim checks;
- For the detection and prevention of fraud, crime, money laundering or other malpractice;
- To conduct market or customer satisfaction research or for statistical analysis;
- For audit and record keeping purposes;
- In connection with legal proceedings.
Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of our website, for compiling reports on website activity for us and for providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may also forward this information to third parties if it is required to do so by law or if third parties process this data on its behalf. Under no circumstances will Google associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. You can prevent the installation of the Google Analytics cookie on your computer by adjusting your browser accordingly however, we must point out that, in this case, not all functions of our website may be available to you in their full capacity. You may object to the collection and storage of data for Google Analytics at any time with effect for the future by using a Google browser plug-in (available at https://tools.Google.Com/dlpage/gaoptout?Hl=en).
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to our service providers who are involved in the delivery of products to you. We have agreements in place to ensure that they comply with these privacy terms. We may share your personal information with, and obtain information about you from:
- Third parties for the purposes listed above, for example credit reference and fraud prevention agencies, law enforcement agencies;
- Other insurers to prevent fraudulent claims;
- Other third parties from whom you have chosen to receive marketing information.
We may also disclose your information:
- Where we have a duty or a right to disclose in terms of law or industry codes;
- Where we believe it is necessary to protect our rights.
We are legally obliged to provide adequate protection for the personal information we hold and to stop unauthorised access and use of personal information. We will, on an ongoing basis, continue to review our security controls and related processes to ensure that your personal information is secure.
Our security policies and procedures cover:
- Physical security;
- Computer and network security;
- Access to personal information;
- Secure communications;
- Security in contracting out activities or functions;
- Retention and disposal of information;
- Acceptable usage of personal information;
- Governance and regulatory issues;
- Monitoring access and usage of private information;
- Investigating and reacting to security incidents.
When we contract with third parties, we impose appropriate security, privacy and confidentiality obligations on them to ensure that personal information that we remain responsible for, is kept secure.
YOUR RIGHTS: ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. To do this, simply refer to the instructions in our Promotion of Access to Information Act (PAIA) manual included on our website. We will take all reasonable steps to confirm your identity before providing details of your personal information. Please note that any such access request may be subject to a payment of a legally allowable fee.
CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE
Please note that we may amend this Notice from time to time. Please check this website periodically to inform yourself of any changes.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have questions about this Notice or believe we have not adhered to it, or need further information about our privacy practices or wish to give or withdraw consent, exercise preferences or access or correct your personal information, please contact us at the following number:
- Customer Call Centre: 0861 55 55 59
You have the right to complain to the Information Regulator, whose contact details are: